The sales process can be incredibly daunting, especially in the physical security industry where the majority of the market is captured by 3 companies. But guess what, just because there’s a goalie, doesn’t mean you can’t score.
Competitors are your goalies, and your exclusive security services are how you score against them. But where do you find prospects to take your shot on that goal?
This article lists out prospecting resources across different industries your physical security company may service, and towards the end, there are some additional sales and marketing tools to empower you and your sales reps as you engage new prospective bids.
- Local & General Resources
- Residential Resources
- Commercial/Retail Resources
- Hospital & Assisted Living Resources
- Additional Sales Tools & Resources
- Additional Marketing Tools & Resources
The tools and resources listed below are a mix of paid and unpaid options.
Local & General Resources
These resources can be used to research the specific area that your security company services. Thinkcurity recommends using these social networks to not only identify new prospects, but also to network with your communities to build trust and awareness of what you offer.
National and local apartment associations can be great ways to get directories of the surrounding residential properties in the areas your security company operates in. Regional security associations are also another great way to network with potential clients.
- National Apartment Association (NAA)
- National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM)
- Regional Apartment Associations
- HUD Shelters
- National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA)
Commercial and retail properties can be harder to track down but similar to residential associations, there are some great commercial/retail associations that can help guide your sales team to new potential clients.
- Directory of Major Malls
- BOMA (International)
- BOMA (Regional)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Amusement Parks
Hospitals & Assisted Living Resources
Hospitals, medical facilities and assisted living homes have a great need for physical security services. Using these resources can help to start identifying these types of facilities in your area to grow the industries you serve.
- America's Essential Hospitals
- American Hospital Directory
- Senior Living Link: Senior Assisted Living Community Directory
- Caring.com - Assisted Living Directory
- USA Gov Medical Facilities
Additional Sales Tools & Resources
These sales tools cover a wide-range of topics from general sales strategies to more specific resources for specific prospect-types, like property managers. Use these tips & tricks in conjunction with the downloadable resources, like the cold email templates for a sure-fire win.
- 6 Ways to Improve Your Security Sales Strategy (Blog)
- 3 Tips to Closing Security Contracts Effectively (Blog)
- Improving the Average Security Contract Proposal (Blog)
- Cognitive Bias in the Modern Security Sales Journey (Blog)
- ClientPoint's Modern Day Security Buyer Series (Blog)
- How to Win In-House Contracts as a Private Security Company (Blog)
- Ways to Motivate Your Sales Team Without Spending Money (Blog)
- How to Win Security Contracts with Property Managers (Webinar)
- Closing & Proposing Secrets for Security Contracts (Webinar)
- Winning the Modern Security Sale (Webinar)
- Free Email Templates Designed to Win Security Contracts | Free Guide (Download)
- Lunch & Learn Sales Playbook (Download)
- 097: 5 Simple Steps to Help Break a Sales Slump (Podcast)
- 009: 3 Surefire Ways to Gain the Upper Hand in the Sales Process (Podcast)
Additional Marketing Tools & Resources
Marketing doesn’t have to be hard or overwhelming. These resources cover a wide-range of marketing experience from basic marketing tools that will get you started to more advanced suggestions, if you already have a marketing strategy in place.
- Digital Marketing Tips for the Modern Security Company (Blog)
- What Security Marketing Tools Are Actually Worth Using? (Blog)
- 5 Low-Cost Ways to Improve Your Security Marketing Strategy (Blog)
- Modern Marketing Tactics for Security Contract Acquisition (Blog)
- Security Marketing 101 (Webinar)
- Security Company Digital Marketing Guide (Download)
Sales and marketing resources - like the tools listed here - are key to helping your physical security sales team identify and engage with prospective clients. Remember, just because there is a goalie doesn’t mean you can’t score. If you want more helpful information like this, subscribe to Thinkcurity today.